Monday, February 25, 2008
Guess Who?

A couple of years ago, I had a conversation with someone who told me that my faovurite artist was cliché. Not that the artist himself was cliché, but that picking him as a favourite was cliché. Whatever.

In the coming day's I'll be posting scans of some of my favourite pieces by this well-known artist. And while the artist is well known, hopefully the pieces I post will be ones you're not familiar with yet.

In the following posts, you'll have no problem in identifying the painter, but for now, can you tell who the artist is by this piece?
posted by Brett Crockett @ 8:30 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger jacob p. crockett said…

    looks a bit van gogh-ish to me

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Gary Crockett said…

    I don't recognize the painting, but for sure your favorite artist is Thomas Kinkade. . .

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Brett Crockett said…

    Ah, the painter of light. He comes in a close second. I think Fat Cat Gallery would have made it a few more years had it been a Kinkade gallery franchise...

    Nice Jack- it is in fact a VanGogh, although painted after Hiroshige's Ohashi Bridge in the Rain. I expected that to throw you off...apparently it didn't.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me


Home:Bountiful, UT
Home Page
My Profile
My Flickr

Most Recently...
My Recent Posts
The Good (or bad) News:
Cooler sites than mine
My Older Posts