Monday, October 08, 2007
October Conference


General Conference was great this year, as always. If you're not a Mormon, you should think about becoming one- even for the semi-annual General Conference alone.

I watched some of it online where I had the benefit of screenshots. I debated whether or not I should post the shot above because I didn't want it to look like I was making fun of anyone. I decided to go ahead with it because I'm serious about the picture and really wanted to share it. I love this man's glasses, and his talk was one of my favorites- he seems like one of the coolest most genuine guys ever. It's amazing what these people go through and the attitude they have through it. They make incredible examples- the kind the world could use more of.

On another note, my mom IM'd me afterwards. Here's part of the transcript:

Leslie: Did you enjoy Julie Beck's talk this morning?

Me: You know, I actually don't remember her.

Leslie: she was the one who spoke about not putting off having a family :)

Me: Hahaha. Yeah, I remember it- I said to Whittney "You know my mom is loving this right now."

Leslie: yeah - kate said the same thing to justin ;)


She wants grandkids. She might have to settle for a dog first.


Anyway, Paul suggested that next conference we make graphics like that for each speaker live- sort of like Emmys for general conference, so be sure to keep an eye out in about 6 months for those.

Also from Paul: he snagged this screengrab of Jeremy at R7 (who I hear is working on a site redesign) singing in the MoTab this morning. I knew he was down with music like Oakenfold, Rush, and the Smiths, but I didn't know he sang the Hymns, too. Such a small world.

And such a great wardrobe standing next to him.

posted by Brett Crockett @ 1:00 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Gramma said…

    Hey Music Man - I don't believe you had my permission to share our IM conversation with the world - but hey, what can I say - I wholeheartedly support Sister Beck :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me


Home:Bountiful, UT
Home Page
My Profile
My Flickr

Most Recently...
My Recent Posts
The Good (or bad) News:
Cooler sites than mine
My Older Posts