Friday, August 24, 2007
Responsible Thievery


LAS VEGAS-- On August 8th, thieves broke into the car of John Cory, lead singer for Twenty Mule Team. Stealing everything inside, the thieves also added insult to injury as they, for no apparent reason, cut the throttle cable inside the car.

Their booty consisted of:

  • An iPod Nano

  • 8 cds checked out from the library

  • 1 DVD rented from Blockbuster

  • A backpack containing all of his financial info

  • His scriptures

  • The brass elephant pictured on the cover of their debut album  (see pic above)

  • and a box containing wedding announcements that had been stamped and addressed.



So why would I call this "responsible thievery?"

I've often thought about people who steal cameras. The least they could do is to either roll the film or pop out the SD card, right? I mean...spend an extra few seconds--you're getting a free camera out of the deal. Now take text books for example. Really? You're going to steal a text book? That would make you the geekiest thief on the block...but at least leave the homework/notes crammed inside. And scriptures? It's not like you're going to read them. To leave those things behind would be responsible (if not honorable) thievery.

In John's case, the thieves dropped his wedding announcements in the mail, and I received my announcement 2 days later. It's a modern miracle, or what might classify as the kind of responsible thievery a better world might hope for.

Seriously though, those guys are still punks. Help John out, buy his album: Ned Tender from DigStation or sporadically on iTunes. It's well worth the money, and if you get a chance to see them live, bring a camera.
posted by Brett Crockett @ 7:00 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    yea. My car was broken into a few weeks ago. the thieves were nice enough to take the childrens books out of the car and leave them on the front porch. I wanted to send them brownies but alas, we don't know who are friends are. I would like to introduce them to my friend kimber.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger elopingcamel said…

    Thanks for the kind words and plug for my band/album. I didn't know you had such a reputable blog going here. It's cozy.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Brett Crockett said…

    Cozy is exactly what we're aiming for. And by we, I mean me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me


Home:Bountiful, UT
Home Page
My Profile
My Flickr

Most Recently...
My Recent Posts
The Good (or bad) News:
Cooler sites than mine
My Older Posts