Friday, February 01, 2008
Know a Mac user?
Interesting findings from a research project by Mindset Media came out in Advertising Age's Jan 28th issue that I thought I'd plagiarize share here. I've hand-picked the good stuff from a study by Mindset of 7,500 Nielsen online consumers. They found the following characteristics typical of Mac owners:

  • They are more assured of their superiority
  • Less modest
  • More open
  • More likely to buy organic
  • Drink Starbucks or coffehouse coffee every day
  • Drive a hybrid


And here's where it gets good. Mac users:

  • Notice imperfections in things and stress over them more than average
  • Are more likely to have purchased five or more pairs of shoes in the past year
  • Use teeth whitening strips
  • Drive station wagons as their main car
  • May be seen as self-centered, arrogant or conceited by others and have a strong desire for recognition
  • They listen to way more music than PC owners. Half of mac owners paid to download music in the 3rd quarter of 2007 compared to only 16% of PC owners



So what did the study show about PC users?
Apparently not much. PC users showed far less cohesiveness in traits (probably because with PC market share at 95%, they are actually the "average" computer user), but they did stand out in an area of creativity: Low Creativity. Mindset media found them to be "realists who are emotionally steady and work well with what they are given."

For the record, I own a PC.

-info picked from Jan 28, 2008 Ad Age "Mac Owners Just Like, Well, The Mac Guy"
posted by Brett Crockett @ 8:00 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Gramma said…

    Brett, you ALWAYS make me smile! I know some mac users and they definitely think they're pretty darn cool - not the computer - the operator :)

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger goff X gough said…

    HaHa... For the record, I'm a proud MAC owner.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Brett Crockett said…

    and for the updated record: I'm now a Mac user. my macbook pro

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger elopingcamel said…

    Then you have some of us idiots who own both (PC desktop/Macbook) and get frustrated when they remember that their systems aren't compatible and they have to buy software twice.

    It just looked so pretty...

    (Also, aside from the amount of music I listen to and me being better than everyone else I know, none of those Mac traits fit me.)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me


Home:Bountiful, UT
Home Page
My Profile
My Flickr

Most Recently...
My Recent Posts
The Good (or bad) News:
Cooler sites than mine
My Older Posts