Monday, February 27, 2006
The Walk Slowly Initiative


Yesterday I wrote this great article about a cat lady I met. And I didn't save it and now it's lost. Normally, I'd try to remember it word-for-word and recreate the story. And the world would know about the cat lady (and by world I mean the two people who visit this site at least once per quarter).

Instead, today marks a new day for me. I'm not going to do it. I'm going to let it go. And from now on, I'm not going to walk fast, either. I woke up this morning, and I said "Hey, I'm done walking briskly." And that was it.

I went to four classes today. I walked non-fast to all of them. I was late to three of them, and I liked it.

In related news, Aaron got his internship with that investment bank he's fallen in love with (Robert W Baird) in Milwaukee. Milwaukee is in Wisconsin.

Some people might say Aaron getting the internship had nothing to do with my decision to never walk fast again. I think that's like saying people don't call a cat lady "The Cat Lady" just because she's got a bunch of cats all up in her house.

So, I'm introducing the "Walk Slowly Initiative," or the WSI. And I invite good people everywhere to hold up a step-and take time to appreciate the path that will eventually lead you to wherever it is you'll end up. You migt be late, but I promise you'll be rested.


*Thanks to Jayne with a Y for letting me know a couple months ago that I walk[ed] too fast, and congrats to the Aace on the internship.
posted by Brett Crockett @ 9:24 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger R said…

    I thought everyone in Utah was slow....walking.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me


Home:Bountiful, UT
Home Page
My Profile
My Flickr

Most Recently...
My Recent Posts
The Good (or bad) News:
Cooler sites than mine
My Older Posts