Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Death Cab "Directions" Update: Soul Meets Body


Instead, I'd call it "Director Meets Film. For the First Time."

In the second release of "Directions," director Cat Solen seems to have thrown together a bunch of home video footage centered around a Thanksgiving-type meal. She's done two videos for Bright Eyes, so I'd expected some interesting work here. Instead, it was just...amature looking. Then again, I'm no expert in cinematographic experimentation. Seems like an easy edit job though. Take an object like a wine glass, and use that as "continuity" from one cut to the next. Then pick some weeds, and use them as prescribed in the wine glass cut.

Anyway, no big deal really, but "Soul Meets Body" has a lot more potential. The one redeeming element was the guy standing by one of those talking, moving deer heads while his son plays an accodian. That's cool, but the rest was a little drab.

Keep an eye out for the video to "Summer Skin" coming Feb. 6-12. The only "direction" to go from here is up.
posted by Brett Crockett @ 2:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me


Home:Bountiful, UT
Home Page
My Profile
My Flickr

Most Recently...
My Recent Posts
The Good (or bad) News:
Cooler sites than mine
My Older Posts