Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Between Brighton and Solitude
Jake and Alison (that's my brother and sister-in-law) and Noah (my nephew) were here for the holidays and we went up to Alison's family's cabin for a day. The plan was to watch the Ohio State vs. Notre Dame game, but the power went out up there as soon as it started. Instead, we played in the snow.

The day we went up, the sky in Salt Lake was almost clear, and there was no snow on the ground. Even as we went up Big Cottonwood Canyon, there wasn't any snow...just a bunch of dead leaves and critters. As we got closer to the top though, it was snowing and the road was snowpacked. It snowed most of the rest of the day, and the snow was probably about up to my shoulders.

The video below is their Argo 8x8 amphibous vehicle. The thing is incredible in the snow, and since it's amphibious, in the unlilely event that we'd have broken through into an ancient aquaduct, we'd have been able to keep on plowing.

A full holiday update is on it's way...but there's a lot of other work to do with work and the restart of school keeping that project at bay.







posted by Brett Crockett @ 10:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me


Home:Bountiful, UT
Home Page
My Profile
My Flickr

Most Recently...
My Recent Posts
The Good (or bad) News:
Cooler sites than mine
My Older Posts