Wednesday, January 18, 2006
The One Show...Club


What do you get when you stuff chicken with avacado, tomato, and various other...legumes, and top it with a red (or...magenta, if we're talking in CMYK) sauce?

The One Show at the UAF luncheon. Some awesome interactive, TV, and design. Some of my favorites:

Science World: "Shaking hands spreads more germs than kissing." You have to see the TV spot, but I couldn't find it.

Cool interactive: The Interactive Salaryman. My favorite part is being able to travel up and down and across the screen without actually having to scroll.

In print, I'm a big fan of simplicity. Loved these Smith & Wesson ads.

And for TV:

BC Lions- Cheering Works TV Spot: video 1
Ameriquest- Don't Judge Too Quickly: video 1, video 2
BC SPCA- Adopt: video 1

Most of the stuff was great, but there were a couple ads I thought were...weak. For instance, any commercial (or anything else) that uses a midget as a crutch. It's definitely the easiest cliche I can think of. The second easiest cliche I can think of would be for that midget to get angry. Nice work, Orange.

All in all it was a cool show, and a good free lunch- thanks Rachel. Seeing the reactions and hearing some of the awkward silences during the presentation at BYU tonight would have been great though- VH1 and a couple Playstation spots probably got some interesting feedback in P-town.

And if you haven't already, you need to check out OK Go's music video for "A Million Ways." It's got nothing to do with The One Show, but garnered an award just the same. Good Stuff. Goodnight.

posted by Brett Crockett @ 1:14 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me


Home:Bountiful, UT
Home Page
My Profile
My Flickr

Most Recently...
My Recent Posts
The Good (or bad) News:
Cooler sites than mine
My Older Posts