Sunday, February 11, 2007
Saving the Planet
Why do I ask for paper instead of plastic? I'd like to save the trees, but they're a renewable resource- petroleum isn't. On top of that, it takes a newspaper 3-4 months to decompose. A small plastic butter container? Around 30 years.

Anyway...here are some rough comps for a campaign for the Natural Resources Defense Council. The idea is to show that conservation affects all of us. I don't know how to save the whales, or what impact they'll have on me if they're gone- but I know if I help conserve forests, I'll have more space to camp.







posted by Brett Crockett @ 12:30 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Nice campaign. It must feel good to work on a worthy cause. My only suggestion (if you even wanted one) would be to play a little more with the typography.

    Do you want to join Andrea and I in first saving the trees and then saving the whales? Let me know.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Brett Crockett said…

    Dave-

    Thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do with the typography- any ideas? I'll be reworking the series (concept and design-wise) tonight and tomorrow.

    As far as saving the trees goes- I'm in. But my uncle was swallowed by a whale 2 years ago today, I've hardly forgiven the race of whales at this point.

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Brett Crockett said…

    So these ads ended up a little differently- with new headlines, better body copy, and a little different art direction, than they appear here. And then they were sent into the One Show. I'll buy you 1 million dollars if they win anything.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me


Home:Bountiful, UT
Home Page
My Profile
My Flickr

Most Recently...
My Recent Posts
The Good (or bad) News:
Cooler sites than mine
My Older Posts