Thursday, July 06, 2006
SLC at it's Best

Photo courtesy of Paul Mayne, 2006



Salt Lake is the greatest city in the Union, or at least in Salt Lake County. For the sake of time, here are just 3 of the many reasons:

1- I saw a midget (little person) riding his bicycle on the grass at liberty park.

2- I saw a man puting a moon boot on his right foot (the left one was alredy on) while sitting under a tree at Pioneer Park. Keep in mind that its 95 degrees in Salt Lake this week.

3- The taco stand Paul showed me for lunch last week offers the best food at the particular corner on which it is located (the green arrow on the map is on the wrong corner, but you get the point). You get tacos for a buck and you don't pay until you're done eating. Best part is, you sit on the sidewalk or lean against the wall of a building with a sign that says "Please do not stand or lean against the building." At first I thought it was a weird thing to ask. But I've decided it's pretty reasonable considering the fact that to topple the walls of Jericho, they just did a little jig and then shouted really loud. Surely we can't expect the feeble wall of a downtown business to withstand more than the walls of a once great city.
posted by Brett Crockett @ 11:45 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Today we were wondering, how does a person STAND against a building.

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I did have the chance to lean against this wall and I have to say it felt a little wobbly. I can see why they might want to keep people from "standing against it"

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me


Home:Bountiful, UT
Home Page
My Profile
My Flickr

Most Recently...
My Recent Posts
The Good (or bad) News:
Cooler sites than mine
My Older Posts