Thursday, June 08, 2006
Parade


Delta, UT --

I like big cities, but I've always been interested in small towns, too (Annecy, Zermatt, Chamonix, Vernazza, Gex, Sion, Jackson Hole...Delta). When I was all excited to make the trip to Delta and even more excited once we arrrived, Nate was pretty puzzled. Memorial Day weekend, I ran into a cousin of mine who lives in San Deigo. He's in town directing a movie (Parade) due out in 2007 and needed a DJ for one of the scenes. I was happy to take a break from work and make the trip down to Millard County.

Delta has a 7-Eleven, a rodeo, and a Deseret Industries. Admittedly, it doesn't sound like the most exciting town in the country, but I know of at least one thing that might change your mind.

I saw some Indians (feathers, not dots). Since my friend Calvert in junior high, I've always wished we had more Native Americans in Davis County. They're friendly and generally wise. And I always feel less threatened by drought when they're around.

If that wasn't great enough, the Delta DI is probably one of the best in the state. They had a nice brown jacket, a Nat King Cole compact music disc (no scratches), and a very cool old book.

After spending some time at the DI, we had roughly four hours until the film crew showed up so Nate and I threw the football, and I read the introduction to Freakonomics- which I really think I'm going to like.

At about 8PM, we set up the equipment and started filming around 9. We were done by 11, back on the road by 12, and I was back in bed by 3AM.

The Main Events:


"D" is for Delta. After 2 1/2 hours, we arrive.


Wearing my new DI brown jacket, we visit the "Cosmic Ray Center." The cosmic ray center is mostly just an empty building. But it sounds cool. They store aliens and guns in the basement. And probably some cans of powdered milk.


Battle wound. If you're going to drive a trailer with your tailgate down, it's best not to turn.


And finally, "Action."
posted by Brett Crockett @ 7:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I never knew you did some DJ mixin. I will have to keep that in mind. I guess that type of work can be hard on your truck. :)

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger becca said…

    hey. how's summer?

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Brett Crockett said…

    Best summer ever. How's yours? Looks like a blast in NYC. Have you made it to Letterman yet like you promised?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me


Home:Bountiful, UT
Home Page
My Profile
My Flickr

Most Recently...
My Recent Posts
The Good (or bad) News:
Cooler sites than mine
My Older Posts